Strawberry and Melon SaladApr 20th, 2007 | By Sowjanya | Category: All Recipes, Desserts & Sweets, Salads
“Spring Is In The Air”, feel it, hear it, smell it and taste it says Meeta of What’s For Lunch Honey. This dish that am gonna present today is my entry for the Monthly Mingle event started by Meeta of What’s For Lunch Honey. A simple quick and easy fruit salad to windup a meal or as a starter too. I’ve picked this recipe from hemu a good friend of mine.
We need ….
Fresh Strawberries – 1 cup (cut into two halves)
Honey dew – 1
Water Melon – 1/2
Lemon juice – 1
Honey – 1 tbsp
Water – 1 tbsp
Fresh Mint – 1 tbsp Finely chopped (optional)
Melon ball scoop
1. Discard the seeds of the watermelon and set aside.
2. Use a melon baller and scoop out the watermelon, honey dew and cantaloup into balls. Alternatively a knife can be used to peel of the skin and cut the fruit to cubes.
3. Arrange the fruit balls in a fruit bowl.
4. Take the stems of the strawberries, rinse and cut them to two halves then arrange them on top of the fruit balls.
5. Mix lemonjuice and honey together with one tbsp of water and pour it over the fruit balls.
6. Mix gently. Sprinkle chopped mint on top of the fruit. Serve cold.