Paneer kati RollSep 28th, 2012 | By Sowjanya | Category: All Recipes, Featured recipes, Kids Recipes, Lunch Box Recipes, Paneer Recipes, Sandwich Recipes, Veg - Recipes
Paneer kati roll ~ For lunch today
My love for kati roll’s started after tasting the first one in new york city. Chunks of paneer or chicken cooked in spices arranged on a bed of lettuce, and wrapped in warm tortilas/rotis is a delectable feast to the eyes and palate too. Today’s recipe is a quick version of kati roll that is spicy, tangy and sure to tickle your taste buds at the first bite. Here’s how to make it….
Ingredients for the filling : (Makes 2 kati rolls)
1 cup paneer chunks
½ red bell pepper – thinly sliced
½ red onion – thinly slicced
½ cup boiled green peas
1 tbsp cooking oil
salt to taste
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp tomato ketch up
½ tsp red chilli powder (adjust to suit your spice levels)
½ tsp coriander powder
1 tsp shahi paneer masala
pinch of kasoori methi
½ tsp lemon juice
2 tbsps freshly chopped cilantro
Ingredients for the wrap :
2 whole wheat tortillas ( I used fresh store bought ones)
1 cup of shredded lettuce
few thinly sliced red onions
freshly chopped cilantro
How to cook the filling:
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet on high heat.
- Add paneer chunks, and saute them for a minute until the edges are brown.
- Add sliced onions, red bell pepper, green peas, salt to taste and saute on high heat for about 2 minutes. The vegetables should be cooked but slightly crunchy. Now add tomato paste, and tomato ketch up. Toss for a minute on medium heat. Add red chilli powder,shahi paneer masala, kasoori methi and coriander powder.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry for 2 mts on medium flame. Add red chilli powder, and chaat masala powder. combine and saute for another minute.
- Sprinkle a few drops of water, and toss on high heat.
- Turn off the flame, sprinkle lemon juice and freshly chopped cilantro.
Assembling the wrap :
- Warm the tortilla/rotiss on a dosa pan/skillet.
- Take one tortilla. Arrange it with lettuce in the center and spread about 2 tbsps of paneer filling on it, then garnish with sliced onions, and chopped cilantro then roll up tightly.
- Roll them up tightly and cut into center or wrap in aluminium foil and carry for lunch.